As a Feng Shui Consultant I believe in the deep connection we have to the environments in which we live. Our spirits live in these bodies, and our bodies live in these spaces. Let's take care of ourselves from the inside out, and from the outside in.

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Hints of Spring

Last night we had to put our 14 year old kitty down. My husband got she and her sister the year before we met. She saw a lot in her long cat life, and her life was good and ended quickly. I am blown away by the number of lives, human and pet, that are ending. As I posted about a week ago, my reality has seen a lot of these heavy transitions lately. But God willing, winter is ending and I'm looking to follow the earth's energy of spring and look outward rather than inward. This is not about me. It is happening and I have no power to change it, I only have the power to decide how it effects me. I feel a sadness for all my loss, but I am comforted by my faith, by trusting that God knows when each loved one's time is complete here on this earth. And others need me. I'm the one who comforts, lifts spirits, and finds the bright side. It's time to get back to that work. So what can I do? What can I do to not continue to be so self-absorbed, so consumed by grief? I can follow the advice I give to others all the time--give. When you feel like things are being taken, give something away. When you feel like things are slipping through your hands, fill someone else's cup. Instead of focusing on the sadness I have within me, take all the love I have within me and share it. I'm tired of examining the things that are happening around me and trying to figure out why? It's time for me to begin doing.

I'm going to start off with cupcakes. Yes, cupcakes. It's giving to me and giving to others. I love to bake--it is comforting to me. The warm oven, the smell that envelopes the whole house, the exacts of 1 teaspoon of this, 1/2 a cup of that. So don't be surprised if you find a half-dozen little packets of love on your doorstep this afternoon. It means I'm thinking about you, I'm thankful for you, and wishing you the hope and happiness that comes along with springtime. Ahhhh...I feel better already.

peace, love, and icing covered gifts of love...

3 comments:

  1. Ah, Cristin. I'm so sorry. I found myself thinking of you guys last night, hoping for a happier outcome. Take care of yourself, and enjoy the cupcakes. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my God! I'm so sorry about your cat. Our oldest pet is our cat, Chelsy, she came from Mexico with us, she is almost 12. We celebrate her birthday every year. I love your posting...give, give, give, even if life is taking away. Is so refreshing to read you.
    Love, SF

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my God! I'm so sorry about your cat. Our oldest pet is our cat, Chelsy, she came from Mexico with us, she is almost 12. We celebrate her birthday every year. I love your posting...give, give, give, even if life is taking away. Is so refreshing to read you.
    Love, SF

    ReplyDelete